The Franklin-Ogdensburg Mineralogical Society, Inc. (FOMS) provides programs designed to benefit the community, mineral collectors, and others interested in the minerals, mineralogy, and geology of the Franklin-Ogdensburg area of New Jersey.
- To establish and maintain, in cooperation with other interested groups, a permanent museum in Franklin, New Jersey for the minerals of Franklin and Ogdensburg.
- To develop new information on the minerals and mineralogy through cooperative programs with universities and other scientific organizations and individuals.
- To obtain and make available accurate, up-to-date information on the minerals and mineralogy of the areas.
- To facilitate collecting of the local minerals while conserving material for future collectors.
- To facilitate accurate identification of the local minerals.
- To promote fellowship and the advancement of mineralogy and geology by providing meetings for members of the Society.